Person Centered Thinking Workshop #2: Michael Smull
- September 14, 2017 - September 15, 2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Michael Smull has been working with people who use long term supports and services for since 1972. He is the senior partner in Support Development Associates and the founder and Chair of The Learning Community for Person Centered Practices. He is the co-developer of a person centered thinking curricula and of essential lifestyle planning. Mr. Smull has provided training and consultation in 48 states, and 7 countries.
You are invited to join this hands-on training about person-centered thinking. This training is designed for everyone: Persons receiving support, Personal Assistants, Direct Support Workers, Managers, Executive Directors, Board Members, service coordinators, or anyone that is responsible to listen to people and assist them to live the path they choose.
This training is 2 days of exercises where participants acquire basic person-centered thinking skills like:
- The importance of being listened to and the effects of having no positive control
- The role of daily rituals and routines
- How to discover what is important to people
- How to sort what is important for people from what is important to them
- How to respectfully address significant issues of health or safety while supporting choice
- How to develop goals that help people get more of what is important to them while addressing issues of health and safety