Person Centered Thinking Workshop #3
Event Phone: 626-359-3300
- PCT #3
December 14, 2017 - December 15, 2017
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
You are invited to join this hands-on training about person-centered thinking. This training is designed for everyone: Persons receiving support, Personal Assistants, Direct Support Workers, Managers, Executive Directors, Board Members, service coordinators, or anyone that is responsible to listen to people and assist them to live the path they choose.
This training is 2 days of exercises where participants acquire basic person-centered thinking skills like:
- The importance of being listened to and the effects of having no positive control
- The role of daily rituals and routines
- How to discover what is important to people
- How to sort what is important for people from what is important to them
- How to respectfully address significant issues of health or safety while supporting choice
- How to develop goals that help people get more of what is important to them while addressing issues of health and safety
The training in person centered thinking serves as a foundation for everyone who is involved in supporting people with significant disabilities and is recommended for all paid staff regardless of their role. We have discovered that implementation of person centered planing is more likely when staff have participated in this training.